So, we’ve all seen the hilarious websites that post all of the Pinterest Fails, right? I’ve had my share, believe me. But sometimes Pinterest gets it right. So, kudos to you, Pinterest! I knew all of those hours I spent pinning stuff would one day come in handy. Here’s my countdown:
10: It’s kind of a creepy thought, isn’t it? But quite true in my life. Going tonight to give him the scoop on some more of you, too.
9. That’s just the long and short of it. You can blame someone else for telling your business. You can blame others for being judgemental. But really…it’s just you. Real Talk.
8. Maybe I’m biased, because I have one of these, but seriously…who likes to be treated disrespectfully? No one in their right mind. Bad boys are fine and well, but give me a chivalrous man any day of the week.
7. Tell me you’ve noticed all of the butt hurt there is on Facebook these days? Everyone’s got a cause, a cross to bear, something that offends them and some are outraged that people aren’t offended enough. Mom’s advice from my childhood still stands.
6. Every mother knows what I’m talking about.
5. Sad but true. People you thought you knew for years can change. People you thought loved you. My advice? Love yourself. I’m not being cynical, I’m being practical.
4. Let me just say I know this to be true. And I’m working on it. But dang, people can make you want to slap them silly sometimes, right?
3. People will stalk you out on Facebook. People will try to add you under their kid’s accounts when you block them. People will screenshot what you post and send it to ….you get the idea. Save yourself the headache and just unfollow the drama. What do you care if they see how awesome you are doing anyway?
2. In honor of Independence Day, I give you this. And incidentally, I’m a patriot until Monday morning.
1. Can I get an amen? For all of my careful planning, my life has surely taken a different course than I had imagined when I was 18. A different course than I imagined yesterday. But that’s what keeps things interesting. How boring is it if all of your dreams come true…what about the dreams you never knew you had? Just go with it, or you’ll make yourself nuts. Trust me.