I met my friend Maria when we were sophomores at the University of Alabama. We used to play cards to all hours of the night! I eventually moved off campus and got a job at a hospital. One year I was unable to go home for Christmas, so we got together and did a “Friendsmas” together. She made these canapes and they were so delicious I’ve made them for every Christmas ever since! Hope you enjoy them!
MARIA’S CHICKEN CANAPES
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, more if needed to moisten
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh onion
- 1(4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1cup cheddar cheese, grated
- garlic salt, to taste
- miniature party rye rounds
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Combine all ingredients and place them on the Party Rye bread.
- Broil until brown and bubbly.
Print it here: Maria’s Chicken Canapes