Isn’t summer the best? My friend brought some delicious fresh veggies from her garden, so we had a feast! Below are the recipes for all of this yumminess.
BAKED GARLIC CHICKEN
2 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons celery salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about50)
1/2 cup melted butter melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
In a large shallow glass dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl; roll chicken in crumbs until coated. Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
Combine butter and oil; pour over the chicken.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Best Way to Cook Corn on the Cob
Source: Spicy Southern Kitchen
- 6-8 ears of corn, husks, and silks removed and cut in half (if desired)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Fill a large pot about halfway with water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add milk, salt and butter. Add corn and reduce heat.
- Simmer corn for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove corn from the cooking liquid and it’s ready to serve.
Fresh Green Beans
- Fresh Green Beans
- 1 stick of butter
- salt and pepper
- minced garlic, red pepper flakes optional
- Break ends of green beans off and discard. Break each bean into bite sized pieces.
- Place green beans and butter in a large pot. Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat (add minced garlic now if you like and a pinch of salt) and continue cooking, stirring often, until water is almost completely cooked out and beans are very tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste. And if you like red pepper flakes add them here and enjoy!