Perfect for these cold winter nights!
Baked Potato Soup
Source: A River’s Course, a Junior League Recipe p. 72
- 4 Baking potatoes ; baked
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 6 cups Milk
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar ; divided
- 12 slices Bacon ; cooked, crumbled and divided
- 4-6 Green onions ; sliced
- Salt and pepper ; to taste
1. Remove pulp from potato skins and set them aside.
2. Melt butter over medium heat; add flour and stir, over low heat, for 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add milk and simmer until thickened. Add potato pulp (it will appear lumpy).
3. Add sour cream, 1 cup cheese, half the bacon, and half the onion. Stir until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Soup will be thick. To thin, add more milk. Garnish with remaining cheese, onion, and bacon.