Have you ever had one? My first one was when I turned 50. I’m hooked! These sammies are chocked full of fresh veggies in a slightly acidic sauce that compliments the chicken perfectly. This works best when the chicken is marinated for full flavor. Use your favorite, I made mine up with readily available ingredients in my fridge and pantry: lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, chili pepper sauce and garlic.
I grilled my chicken and toasted my rolls. These aren’t the typical rolls that I usually see for Banh Mi, but that’s what I had, and they were delish!
Chicken Banh Mi
- Marinated, and grilled chicken breasts, sliced thin
- Portgese Bread (or your favorite)
- ½ Kirby cucumber, cut into thin strips
- ¼ carrot, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, carrot, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, olive oil, and a pinch each salt and pepper. Marinate for 20 minutes and make your sammie!