When I was in school at the University of Alabama, my husband and I lived down the street from the Capstone Inn restaurant that we’d walk to for lunch every now and then. They had the most amazing artichoke dip I’ve ever had in my life, and served it with fresh-from-the-oven bread. Since then, I’ve spent many years trying to recreate that awesome dip and this one comes as close as I’ve ever gotten. Thanks, Paula!
Bubblin’ Brown Artichoke and Cream Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 3/4 cups grated parmesan cheese (about 7 ounces)
- 1 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- crackers, tortilla chips or crusty bread, for dipping
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Beat in the mayonnaise until combined. Add 1 1/2 cups of the Parmesan, the artichoke hearts, scallions, garlic, hot sauce, black pepper, and salt and mix with a spatula until combined.
3. Scrape the mixture into a wide, shallow gratin or baking dish that’s pretty enough for serving and top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake until the dip is bubbling and the top is golden, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve hot, with crackers, tortilla chips, or crusty bread for dipping.