I have this weird obsession with collecting jars. Like the Classico pasta jars? They are so pretty, I hate to recycle them right away. I also love the fancy smaller jars that olives or spreads come in…anything really, but if it has a different shape I’m in! Unfortunately, the glass cupboard (that’s where I keep them) gets so full that I’ve had them come tumbling out. So, when this happens, I set my mind to using a few of them up. This snappy sauce was perfect! Easy and when I needed a quick appetizer to take to Game Night at a friends, I grabbed my jar and headed out the door. It was delicious!
Snappy Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 2 (18 ounce) jars strawberry preserves
- 1 (12 ounce) jars pickled jalapeno peppers, drained
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 8 ounces finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In the food processor, pulse preserves and peppers until finely chopped. Pour into 4 half pint jars and store in fridge until ready to serve.