Cheese balls show up on every Christmas sideboard, don’t they? And no wonder. They can be made ahead, kept in the fridge and just set out with absolutely no fuss…and they are delicious. Truly one of the world’s perfect foods. I enjoy them as a midnight snack with a few crackers, as well. This one is so simple it is crazy, but yummy!
Buttermilk Ranch Cheeseball
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package Ranch dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Mix the sour cream with ranch dressing mix in a bowl until smoothly combined. Add the cream cheese and Cheddar cheese to the bowl, and mix together with your hands until thoroughly blended. Chill the mixture for 5 minutes, then shape into a ball.
Place the pecans into a shallow bowl, and roll all sides of the cheese ball in the pecans to coat. Serve immediately.