Planning a wonderful party is one of my greatest joys. This Christmas I’m hosting an Italian Feast catered by Food Junkee, one of my dear friends. It inspired me to plan this menu for you here.
- 1 lb sliced ham
- 1 lb sliced pastrami
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into sticks ( block)
- 1 (15 ounce) cans black olives
- 1 (15 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1 (15 ounce) cans hearts of palm
- 1 (16 ounce) bottles Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Roll ham and pastrami around cheese.
- Secure with toothpick.
- Mix dressing and sugar.
- Layer rolls and remaining ingredients and marinate for at least 2 hours in dressing.
- Serve all on a bed of lettuce.
CROCK POT CREAMY ITALIAN CHICKEN
This dish may not be truly Italian, but it IS make ahead so you can spend more time with your guests as they arrive. And delicious!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 ounces water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted (or regular soup)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- hot cooked rice or pasta
- Place the chicken breast halves in the crock pot.
- Combine the Italian dressing mix and water until smooth; pour over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Combine the cream cheese and soup until smooth and blended.
- Stir in mushroom pieces.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour more or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta.
One thought on “Italian Feast”