If you’re Southern, you’ve had this. Probably at your grandmother’s table. No holiday meal then or now is complete without this Southern Classic! Enjoy!
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- In large mixing bowl,mix sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, margarine,milk and vanilla.
- Pour into 9 inch square greased baking dish.
- Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes .
- Can be doubled and baked in 9×13 dish.