We’ve all heard the mantra: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But for me, morning is the busiest time of the day and it seems I’m always just too late to do anything more than grab something as I head out the door. These yummies can be eaten on the fly, so don’t skip breakfast when you can eat it on the fly!
BACON BISCUIT CUPS
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese ( 2 ounces)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- sliced green onion
- Beat cream cheese, milk and egg at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in cheese and green onion.
- Set aside.
- Separate biscuits into 10 portions.
- Pat each portion into a 5 inch circle, and press on bottoms and up sides of greased muffin cups, forming a 1/4 inch edge.
PUFF PASTRY CHERRY BLOSSOMS
- puff pastry sheet
- pie filling, of your choice
- egg wash ( one beaten egg)
- turbinado sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut your sheet of puff pastry into squares. I cut down the 3 vertical marks that are previously there. I was left with 3 strips. I cut each strip into 3 squares. They are not perfectly square, but that’s o.k! You can make yours larger if you like. Take one of your squares and place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center. Don’t use more than that, or you will have a mess.
- Grab two opposite corners and pull up to center and pinch together.
- Do the same with the other corners. Now, pinch closed two seams and leave two open.
- Lay your cherry blossoms on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, grease your pan lightly.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle sugar over pastry.
- Bake at 375 degrees until very golden.
- 15 to 20 minutes.
- Don’t worry if a bit of your filling runs out.
- You can take a knife and push it right back inches.
- Prepare the glaze while the blossoms are baking . . .Mix confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Make the glaze the consistency you like.
- Once the blossoms have finished baking, glaze them while still warm.
The dishes below aren’t mine, and haven’t been tested by me. BUT they sound delicious. I’d love to hear it if you try any of these!
APPLE SANDWICHES WITH ALMOND BUTTER AND GRANOLA
These are great little sandwiches on the run that are packed with protein to keep you full until lunch. From Garnish with Lemon blog
Strawberry Chia Overnight Oats
The ultimate make-ahead healthy breakfast. Just don’t forget your spoon! This recipe from Kristine’s Kitchen Blog