Chop and dump. Sometimes supper is really just that easy. Here are a few of my favorite salads:
Bucca Di Beppo Chopped Antipasto Salad
Perfect for Italian dinner.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 ounce pepperoni, diced
- 1 ounce mortadella, diced
- 1 ounce red onion, diced
- 2 ounces roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounces cucumbers, diced
- 1 ounce gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 ounce pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 3 pepperoncini peppers, whole
- black olives
- green olives
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, except 1/2 the tomatoes, the whole pepperoncini, olives and dressing and toss.
- Add the dressing and toss until fully incorporated.
- Mound the salad mixture on a chilled plate, getting as much height as possible.
- Place remaining tomates around the outside of the salad.
Garnish with whole pepperoncini and olives and serve
“The Wedge” with homemade Ranch Dressing
The Wedge is one of the simplest salads ever, but looks kind of fancy and is really one of my favorites. I core one head of lettuce (bang core on counter, it comes right out) then cut your head of lettuce into 4 wedges. Top with your favorite things: Mine are bacon bits, shredded cheddar and chopped tomatoes. Drizzle with this amazing dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped herbs (combination of parsley, chives, chervil, savory, dill or celery leaves)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Abe & Louie’s Salad
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- dijon vinaigrette
- Wash and chop lettuce. Mix all ingredients together.
- Top with your favorite dressing.
Printable Recipe: Abe & Louie’s Salad