Looking for a decadent dessert that’s relatively easy to make? Try this Milky Way cake. I used a red velvet cake mix for mine, but next time? Butter Cake all the way.
Milky Way Cake
- 18 1/4 butter recipe yellow cake mix, i use duncan hines
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 9 small fun sized Milky Way bars or 3 large Milky Way bars
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 4 small fun sized Milky Way bars or 2 large Milky Way bars, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan or use Bakers Joy spray.
- Melt Milky Way bars in evaporated milk, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl blend cake mix, water, butter and eggs.
- Blend at low speed for 1 minute.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes, then add melted candy mixture.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 more minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Place cake on plate.
- Glaze or sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- Glaze: In a small saucepan over low heat melt Milky way bars, butter and evaporated milk.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- Cool slightly and pour over cake.