I usually refuse to go to chain restaurants. There are so many choices out there, why waste your dining dollars on a chain where you know exactly what is on the menu and the masses will follow you there? Well, one reason is because sometimes you just crave a dish. And familiarity can be a comfort. For me, those times are few and far between, but that is one reason you might see me dining at Carrabba’s.
They bring you a basket of piping hot fresh bread to your table with a scoop of herb mixture which is then mixed with olive oil. Perfect for dipping. I made mine for a dinner the other night and had some left over. I mixed it with olive oil, marinated some chicken breasts with it and grilled them. Wow! Yum!
Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Spice
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (Italian is best)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Combine all of the ingredients, EXCEPT oil and lemon.
2. Put in a small food processor (I used my little food chopper). Chop briefly until all ingredients are about the same.
3. Stir in oil and lemon juice.
4. TO SERVE: Combine about 1 1/2 teaspoons spice blend to 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil on a small Dish.
5. Dip sliced bread in mixture.