My people love some Mexican food. And this specific recipe is very special to me because a long ago friend from Osceola, Arkansas brought it to a church potluck once and I asked for the recipe. She wrote it out by hand, and photocopied it since there were so many of us who wanted it. I found it tucked away in my files the other day and my brain just flooded with memories of that sweet family!
Three Cheese Enchiladas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 8 (7 -8 inch) flour tortillas
- shredded Lettuce
- chopped tomato
- Combine 1 cup each of jack and cheddar, and the cream cheese, 1/4 cup picante, peppers, onion, and seasonings; mix well.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mix down the middle of each tortilla.
- Roll and place seam side down in 13×9-inch baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over top. Cover with remaining mixed cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Top with lettuce and tomato and serve with additional picante sauce.
Here’s a version that’s easy to print: 3 Cheese Enchiladas