I love love love a good salad. “A big salad? With lots of stuff in it?” Yeah, I also lovelovelove Seinfeld. Anywho, I found this recipe online by Kelsey Nixon. I used the exact recipe, and made the dressing…but I HATED the dressing. Sorry Kelse! Anyway, I’m not including it here, so use your favorite dressing. I prefer homemade Ranch, but I bet Bleu Cheese would be good, as well.
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 3 to 4 cups)
- 1/2 head Boston lettuce, chopped (about 3 to 4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups watercress, stems removed and chopped
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, forced through a sieve (grated)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Rinse and dry all the salad greens, and toss them together in a large bowl. Arrange the chicken, bacon, avocado, tomato, and Roquefort in uniform rows on top the mixed greens. Garnish with the grated hard-boiled egg, and chives.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss.