I am so ready for this deck to be bathed in sunshine instead of snow! Time for cookouts, ice cream and fruit kabobs and maybe a little suntanning, too.
Before we go all crazy with the hopes and dreams, I have a feeling we are going to need one more pot of hearty soup to get us to the Ides of March. Or to Peter Cottontail. This yummy potato soup is perfect for that order.
Baked Potato Soup
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2 3/4 lb.)
- 2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4-2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Bake potatoes at 350 degrees for 65-75 minutes or until tender; cool completely.
2 Peel and cube potatoes.
3 In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
4 Gradually add milk.
5 Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
6 Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream.
7 Add potatoes and green onions; mix well.
8 Ladle into serving bowls; top with bacon and cheddar cheese.