My mom introduced my little girl, Mary Ashley to the Beatles. It’s not like I didn’t know them, but you know…they aren’t on the radio right now, so I just never thought about it. She ADORES them. She is a huge fan! Her school had a Fifties program to put on, so we donned her fav Beatles shirt, some capris and a ponytail and off we went.
When Mary Ash has an interest, she dives into the subject head first, learning all she can. That sounds like I’m making her out to be some genius, but come on, it’s the Beatles, not nuclear fission. Anyway, I’ve never…never…stumped her with a trivia question about them. So, I started looking up obscure facts tonight with which to torture her and found out that the Beatles were quite funny. I know, I was surprised, too.
They especially liked to mess with the press, according to the folks at Kulichki.com. Here are a few anecdotes I found there.
Press: Does it bother you that you can’t hear what you sing during concerts?
John: No, we don’t mind. We’ve got the records at home.
Press: Can we look forward to any more Beatle movies?
John: Well, there’ll be many more but I don’t know whether you can look forward to them or not.
Press: Do you speak french?
Press: What is your favorite food?
Ringo: I’m hung up on hamburgers.
George: All four of us are mad about hero sandwiches.
Paul: I have a yen for grilled cheese sandwiches.
John: George and I usually wait until someone else orders, then say “I’ll have that, too”.
I think I have a sandwich that every single one of those boys would like. It’s simple, but brilliant in its simplicity. And delicious. I imagine them eating it on their tour bus.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup garlic butter, spread (or butter with garlic powder to taste)
- 3/4 lb deli ham
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese, sliced thin
- Slice the loaf of bread lengthwise.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Spread butter on both pieces of bread.
- Put a layer of ham on both pieces of bread.
- Top it with a layer of cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Note: This is an open-face sandwich.
- Put in 350°F oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- You may need to adjust the quantities of ingredients depending on your taste.