I’ve made quite a few “copycat” recipes, most of those not quite up to snuff. The same went for a recent Olive Garden Dressing I made. I should have known when it began with a bottled dressing, but I gave it a try. Finally, I combined a recipe I found with a cruet of Italian Dressing that I prepared from 2 envelopes of Good Seasonings, and I had my dressing!
FOR YOU EXPERIENCED COOKS, HERE’S THE QUICK VERSION:
MAKE 2 ENVELOPES OF GOOD SEASONS ITALIAN DRESSING. MAKE THIS RECIPE AND MIX THE GOOD SEASONS ITALIAN DRESSING YOU HAVE PREPARED WITH IT.
Still don’t get it? Just go below, I’ve combine all the ingredients you will need in one place:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 9 tablespoons water (that’s 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon)
- 2 envelopes Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix (each envelope is .7 oz)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender on high until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into small bowl and cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir before serving.
- Yes,yes, it makes a ton of dressing. Put it in the fridge, you’ll drink it later.