OK, so it’s been awhile. I *have* been cooking though, I swear it.
My most recent attempts were very successful (eggrolls!) and moderately successful (Wonton Soup).
I’m giving you both recipes, because the eggrolls were so delicious, but the soup might be up your alley? I was in the minority in not liking it, so there you go. You’ve been warned.
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 12 -18 wonton skins
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup spinach or 1/2 cup bok choy, leaves halved lengthwise,shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
Reserve one green onion top for garnish; chop remaining green onions. Combine chopped onion, ground beef, celery, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix lightly. Place approximately 1 1/2 tablespoonsful of ground beef mixture in center of each wonton square. Lightly dampen edges of square with water. Bring together corners; pinch to seal. Set aside.
Bring broth to boil in large saucepan; reduce heat to medium. Add 1/2 of wontons; simmer 4 minutes. Remove cooked wontons with slotted spoon; keep warm. Repeat with remaining wontons. Cut reserved green onion top into thin diagonal slices. Add to hot broth with spinach and carrot. Place wonton in soup bowls. Top with broth mixture.
Beef Spring Rolls
These. are. fantastic.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. dried onion
- 1 tsp. dried garlic
- Seasoned Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 bag ready-to-make cole slaw
- 1 pkg. spring roll wraps
- 1 beaten egg
- Brown beef with Onion, Garlic nd Seasoned Salt in large skillet; drain. Add water and cole slaw mix. Cover; cook over medium low heat just until vegetables have softened. Place 2 tablespoons filling in corner of each wrap; roll up, folding in corners as you roll. Brush edges of wrap with egg to seal. Fry in 350° oil for approximately 4 minutes; turn at least once to evenly brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce
One thought on “Chinese Done Easy”
I have hear you can use those wrappers in the oven. So I am trying these tonight and brushing a lil oil and baking them. Thanks for the recipe! 🙂