I had a REALTOR Luncheon at my listing on 7209 Sedgebrook Drive West in Stanley. This home is located in the Gates at Waterside Crossing. To lure the REALTORs out away from the warm dry offices, you have to promise to have good food. I try to make homemade stuff instead of getting mine catered because people will actually come for that reason! This time I made a host of gourmet sandwiches: tuna salad, pimiento cheese, turkey and ham. I served the sandwiches with chips and soda. I also had three simple desserts that I made: Brownies, Cupcakes with homemade chocolate frosting and Hello Dollies. The recipes I used are below:
35 min | 10 min prep
- 4-6 tablespoons butter, melted (many reviewers prefer the higher amount)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or nuts, of choice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread melted butter in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle with graham crumbs.
- Add the nuts, chips and coconut, sprinkling evenly over crumbs.
- Cover all with condensed milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
Drew’s Homemade Pimiento Cheese
SERVES 6 , 1 1/2 cups cheese spread
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use 1/4 cup)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or distilled vinegar
- Chop pimientos into small pieces, or pulse in a food processor.
- In small bowl, stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- OR put all ingredients into a food processor, and pulse until well-blended and pimientos are in small pieces.
- Serve on crackers, with celery, or make pimiento cheese sandwiches!
- NOTE: Using 1/4 cup mayonnaise makes a rather stiff spread which we like.
- You may prefer to add up to 1/2 cup mayonnaise to get the spreading consistency you like.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
10 min | 10 min prep
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 2/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Place butter in a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add sugar and cocoa, mixing well.
- Stir in milk in portions, stirring each time.
- Add vanilla.
- Spread on cooled cake or other items needing frosting.
Tuna & Egg Salad
55 min | 45 min prep
SERVES 4 -6
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup pickle relish (dill or sweet)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Mash eggs with a potato masher or large fork.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Goes well with crackers or as a sandwich spread!