It’s my favorite protein with feet.
Fried Chicken Wings with Winston Salem Sauce at Mert’s Heart and Soul in Charlotte
Pollo Florentine from Caruso’s in Mooresville, NC
Bruschetta Chicken Crepe at The Crispy Crepe in Charlotte
Poussin with sweet pea and summer squash risotto from The Foundry in Denver, NC
Airline Chicken at Bistro La Bon in Charlotte, NC
Thai Sweet and Sour Chicken from Thai House in Cornelius, NC
Chicken Marsala at Chillfire Grill in Denver
Turkey and Dressing at Stacy’s in Denver, NC
Chicken Caprese from Jeffrey’s in Mooresville
Duck and Dumplings at Dogwood: A Southern Table in Charlotte
Hot Wings at Duckworth’s Grill in Mooresville, NC
OK, I know Turkey Sandwiches are the obvious choice for Thanksgiving Leftovers, but *this* turkey sandwich is elevated! Plus, you’ll already have the cranberry sauce on hand. Just try it. My family loved these better than the turkey dinner.
I got this recipe out of my Food Network cookbook.
Turkey Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 8 slices challah (1/2 inch thick) or 8 slices brioche bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 ounces sliced Muenster cheese
- 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Mix the Mayo and Mustard. To make the sandwiches: Lay the bread out on the work surface. Spread one side of each slice with the mustard mixture. Spread half of the cheese on 4 slices of the bread. Cover with half of the turkey and season with salt and pepper to taste. Evenly spread the cranberry on the turkey on the sandwich. Top with the remaining turkey; season with salt and pepper to taste, and cover with the remaining cheese and bread. Press down slightly on each sandwich.
2. In a lipped plate or dish, whisk together the eggs and milk, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat 2 large skillets over medium-low heat, add a 2 tablespoon of butter to each pan. Dip and coat each of the sandwiches in the egg mixture and lay in the pans. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.