Looking for a nice, healthy meal for the two of you? It can be hard to find recipe for just 2 people, but these are winners:
Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp & Asparagus
- 8 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 6 stalks asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup peeled seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup slice shiitake mushroom caps ( or your favorite mushrooms)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat a 9-inch skillet over high heat 1 minute; spray with vegetable spray and add olive oil and shrimp, garlic and shallots; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add asparagus and next 4 ingredients; stir in wine, scraping bottom of skillet to loosen any particles, if necessary.
- Add pasta, basil, and remaining ingredients; toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
- (you can drizzle extra virgin olive oil on finished dish if desired).
1 Romaine Heart
1/2 Red Onion
- 1 lime
1.5 oz Queso Fresco
- 3 Tbsp. pepitas
½ cup Low-Fat Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Mexican oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Wash and dry the fresh produce.
- Cut off and discard the root end of the lettuce; roughly chop the leaves.
- Small dice the onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced onion and the juice of lime. Allow to sit for a few minutes to marinate.
- To make dressing: add the sour cream and spices to the diced onion-lime juice mixture. Stir to thoroughly combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- n a large bowl, combine the lettuce, pepitas, queso fresco and as much of the dressing as you’d like (you may have extra dressing). Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.