I made these delicious sammies for a picnic by the creek yesterday. So so so good!
HAM AND HAVARTI SUB SANDWICHES
- 1 loaf of french bread; sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 – 1 recipe roasted red pepper sandwich spread
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 8 oz thinly sliced honey ham
- 8 oz thinly sliced black forest ham
- 6 slices havarti cheese
ROASTED RED PEPPER SANDWICH SPREAD
- 1 (8 oz) pkg light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. fresh minced basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
Combine all of the above ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Store in the fridge up to 3 days.
Simply spread the sandwich spread on the inside of each piece of bread and build your sandwich. Cut into desired serving slices.