I made Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Rolls the other night and we had 2 left over. The breasts were huge! I used them in this recipe and it turned out so delicious!
I’m giving you the recipe exactly as it came to me in my cookbook, but I’d make two adjustments next time I make it:
- I don’t think it needs the sliced almonds.
- Saute the onion and celery in a tablespoon of olive oil before adding to the mixture. I don’t want any chance of crunchy veggies in this dish.
- 2 cups chicken; cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup celery; thinly diced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 4 oz. can mushrooms; drained
- 1/2 cup onion; chopped
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3 tbsp butter; divided
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cornflakes; crushed
Preheat oven to 350. Saute the onion and celery in 1 tbsp. butter until soft. Mix all ingredients except 2 tbsp butter, almonds, and cornflakes. Place mixture in a 2-quart casserole dish. Melt margarine in a small pan and add almonds and cornflakes, stirring for one to two minutes. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake 35 minutes on 350