These Lemony Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches are the perfect finger food for baby showers, bridal showers, birthday parties, and any gatherings. Super refreshing and kind of healthy!
- 4 oz whole cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Zest and Juice of half a large lemon
- Salted butter, softened for spreading on bread slices
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices high quality white or whole-grain bread
- 1/2 large cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced, thoroughly dried with paper towels
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayo, fresh dill, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add enough kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Butter each slice of bread (prevents sogginess.) Lay slices with butter side up on a work surface. Evenly distribute the cream cheese mixture onto each slice. Arrange towel-dried cucumber slices on top of the first 3 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. Slice off the crusts. If not serving immediately, wrap tightly in cling wrap and chill for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice into 4 triangles per sandwich.
Inspired by Chew Out Loud