Lord have mercy, but I have a sweet tooth. I’m not much of a baker, but when I do, I make sure it has chocolate somewhere in it. These desserts are some of my best creations 🙂
I have tried a LOT of Fudge Pies. Some are too gooey. Some are too dry. This one is like Baby Bear’s porridge: just right. I topped it with Cherry Garcia.
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 0.5 (12 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) frozen unbaked piecrust shell ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Microwave first 3 ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, whisking at 30-second intervals.
- Whisk sugar and flour into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- Beat together eggs, sugar and oil. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Spray bundt pan very well with nonstick spray and flour.
- Bake at 300°F for one hour, one hour fifteen minutes for a bundt pan.
Source: Mommy’s Kitchen
- 1 – 9 inch pie crust
- 1 1/2 – cups sugar
- 3 – tablespoons flour
- 1 – cup well shaken buttermilk
- 1 – tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 – tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 – large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 – cup unsalted butter ; melted and cooled to room temperature
Preheat the oven to 415 degrees. Place the pie crust in a deep dish pie pan and flute the edges.
If desired use store bought pie crust. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, buttermilk, lemon juice, vanilla., eggs and melted butter.
Bake the pie crust for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove the pie crust from the oven and pour the filling into the warm crust. Return the pie to the oven and bake until warmed, about 10 minutes.
Then without opening the door , reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake until set, about 40 minutes. If the crust begin to brown to quickly add foil around the crust edges.
Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Serve at room temperature.