These fried shrimp are so yummy! They remind me of some I’ve had at Carabba’s. They have an Italian flavor that would also be yummy on Shrimp Parmesan as well.
Pan-Fried Shrimp With Creole Mayonnaise
- 2 1/4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt-free creole seasoning, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
Combine flour, 1 teaspoons creole seasoning, and salt in a shallow dish. Pour milk into a shallow dish. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture; dip in milk. Dredge shrimp in breadcrumbs; shake off excess breading.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of the shrimp; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and shrimp.
Combine mayonnaise, remaining creole seasoning, worchestershire and hot sauce in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Serve creole mayonnaise with shrimp.