Seafood is my passion. I love it, LOVE IT. I need to cook it more often, but it does intimidate me at times. This recipe is simple and delicious. Not low calorie, but 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.
- 8 fresh Texas toast thick bread, slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs peeled large raw shrimp (2 0/25 count)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons jarred minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots or 2 tablespoons sweet onions
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Garnish
- lemon zest
Preheat grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. Drizzle 1 side of bread slices with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Grill bread slices 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Cut bread slices into triangles. Place on a serving platter.
Devein shrimp, if desired. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Melt butter with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp, thyme, and next 2 ingredients, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice and parsley. Serve immediately over grilled bread. Garnish, if desired.
Source: Southern Living