I’ve been seeing these little gems floating around Pinterest for a while now and I finally got around to trying them. I didn’t expect much, I’m not much of a muffin person, but these were so incredible. They were very moist, and packed with huge flavors! I wish I’d doubled the recipe. I saved what few we didn’t gobble in the fridge and warmed them in the microwave the next morning and they were still wonderful.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (to serve with Pizza Puffs)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Grease 24-cup mini-muffin pan.In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Whisk in the milk and egg. Stack slices of pepperoni and cut into small pieces.
- Stir in mozzarella, Parmesan, and pepperoni. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups.
- Bake until puffy and golden, about 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the sauce with the Pizza Puffs for dipping.
*Adapted from Plain Chicken