Mama Iuliucci’s Famous Meat-A-Balls
Sometimes you want a recipe that you just look in the pantry to make. Late nights when you don’t want to deal with fancy ingredients, short weeks when you are trying to stretch your budget, or…tonight? I had all of these ingredients in the fridge or pantry. Plus, these little guys are delicious. I made a ton and froze about 3/4 of them and they were still delicious after having been in my freezer. You can’t ask for more than that from your meatball, folks.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 -10 slices white bread, broken into small 1/2 inch pieces (or you can use rolls or any stale bread you have and want to use up)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or Locatelli)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil (for frying) or vegetable oil (for frying)
Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl until well combined.
Roll meatballs 1 1/2- 1 3/4″ in diameter.
- Heat about 1/4″ of oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Fry meatballs in oil, rolling frequently, until evenly browned and juices run clear.
- Drop meatballs in your favorite sauce and let simmer for awhile to flavor sauce or just serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.
You can also bake or broil these if the frying part is too much of a hassle– I use my broiler pan if I bake them, so the fat drips down and away from the meatballs.
One thought on “Mama Iuliucci’s Famous Meat-A-Balls”
I am a BIG lover of meatballs and these look amazing. I think I will have to give them try!