Well, I love being at home but being here has its own set of trials. For one, we all got sick…one right after the other. And when you are in a wheel chair, it’s hard to get umm..where you need to be. Let me leave it at that.
Anywho, being sick at home is better than being well at the rehab (cough *nursing home*) facility. I’ve been cooking my heart out before this illness too. Making tacos, beer bread, apple cake. Mind you these are all from a mix or Tastefully Simple products, but never you mind. I have limits, people. I did make one thing sort of from scratch…It’s called Cream Cheese Dessert Wedges. I got the recipe from Taste of Home Magazine and it tastes like a dessert pizza from Untouchables.
Cream Cheese Dessert Wedges Recipe
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Separate biscuits into 10 pieces; place in an ungreased 9-in. round baking dish. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides, pinching edges together to seal. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until slightly puffed.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour until smooth; pour over crust. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over filling. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
One thought on “I’m out!”
Hi there! So sorry to hear about your accident! I’ve got Good news….you’re the winner of my giveaway!!!! Please go to my site and send me a message via the contact button with your shipping address. I couldn’t seem to find an email address on your profile. Hope you love the Curious Chef set as much as we do!!!
Oh, and this recipe looks just wonderful!