I’m always keeping my eye peeled for a recipe that looks complicated, but is actually very easy. This is one of those recipes. Suzanne Z’s Semi Homemade, if you will. Next time I have a party, I’m making this. I’ll unmold it out of the springform pan right in front of my company’s face and lap up the compliments. Sigh. I miss entertaining.
Frozen Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mud Pie
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package pepperidge farm nantucket dark chocolate chunk cookies, any crispy variety
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (11 3/4 ounce) jar hot fudge topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted* or 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping
PREHEAT oven to 325°F Lightly grease 9″ springform pan. Place cookies in zipper plastic bag. Close and crush with rolling pin until crumbs form. Combine cookie crumbs with butter. Press into bottom of pan.
BAKE 10 minute Let cool in pan.
SPOON ice cream onto cookie shell. Freeze 1 hours.
SPREAD fudge topping on top of ice cream. Top with pecans. Cover and freeze 3 hours or overnight. To serve, cut into wedges. Top with whipped cream.
TIP: To toast, spread pecans or walnuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 8 minute or until light golden brown, stirring occasionally.