Happy New Year! Did you guy eat greens or black-eyed peas? Me neither. Instead, I had this:
Dirty Shrimp in Butter-Beer Sauce
- 2 lbs shrimp , shelled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup beer
Saute garlic and herbs in butter until garlic is slightly browned.
Add shrimp, stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink and done.
Pour in beer, simmer 1 minute more, and serve!