I feel that cooking sometimes means stepping outside of your comfort zone. Oddly enough, this recipe is me doing just that. We had a delicious canellini bean spread at Luce in Charlotte and when I saw this recipe, it reminded me of that. I have to tell you that while it doesn’t look like the most appetizing thing on Earth, it is rather delicious! I’m going to tip-toe outside the comfort zone more often.
Bruschetta Cannellini (The Olive Garden Recipe)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can white cannellini beans , drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
- 1 garlic clove , cut in half
- 1 small plum tomato , diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
MIX drained beans, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar and sour cream in blender or food processor until smooth. Add olive oil slowly with blender or processor on. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate approximately one hour.
DRIZZLE both sides of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Grill bread on both sides.
RUB grilled bread with cut half of garlic to infuse with garlic flavor.
PLACE bowl of chilled cannellini mixture in center of large platter. Stagger grilled bread slices around bowl. Garnish with tomatoes and parsley.